Are you a Florida approved provider?
Our company, Advanced Massage Techniques, is an approved provider for the following boards:
Florida Board of Cosmetology Provider: #0007442
- 16-hour Renewal Course #: 0501060
- 4-hour HIV/AIDS Course #: 0501034
- 2-hour HIV/AIDS Course #: 0501061
Florida Barbers’ Board Provider: #0007442
- 2-hour HIV/AIDS Course #: 0300060
Florida Board of Massage Provider: #50-16951
- Florida Massage Board CE Broker Tracking Number for 4 Hour HIV/AIDS: #20-619192
- Florida massage therapists can take the 4-hour HIV/AIDS course for license renewal (general hours), although HIV/AIDS is not required for license renewal since 2011.
What are my renewal requirements?
Click here for renewal information for the following license types:
- Facial Specialist
- Nail Specialist
- Full Specialist
Click here for renewal information for the following registration types:
- Hair Braider
- Hair Wrapper
- Body Wrapper
I have a question about getting a Florida cosmetology license.
Click here for cosmetology licensing information.
How can I reactivate my expired license?
Click here for information regarding license reactivation.
When do I need to renew my license?
Not everyone licensed or registered by the Board of Cosmetology renews at the same time. You belong to one of two renewal groups. All licenses and registrations issued by the Cosmetology Board need to be renewed biennially, or every two years.
These licenses and registrations expire October 31st of odd years (2019, 2021, 2023).
These licenses and registrations expire October 31st of even years (2018, 2020, 2022).
If you do not know which group you belong to, check your displayed license, or look online here.
How do I complete a course on your site?
- Select the course you wish to purchase:
- 16-hour cosmetology renewal
- 4-hour HIV/AIDS
- 2-hour HIV/AIDS (other registrants)
- 2-hour HIV/AIDS (barbers)
- All courses are in a web page format. You will need internet access to complete the course.
- All courses are mobile friendly, allowing you to complete the course on mobile, tablet, or computer.
- The 16-hour course will have shorter quizzes at the end of each section, rather than one long exam.
What happens after I complete my course?
If you completed the 4-hour HIV/AIDS course to obtain a cosmetology license, download and print the certificate and mail it to the board office with your application.
Please mail your completed application, documentation and required fee(s) to:
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783
If you completed the 16-hour renewal, or 2-hour HIV/AIDS course for renewal, we will report your CE credits to the board within 24 business hours. You may download or print a copy of your certificate for your own records.
What if I do not see my hours reported after 24 hours?
Check your transcript to make sure you provided us with the correct license number, then contact us here.
Is it safe to use my credit card on your site?
Yes! We employ site-wide encryption through an SSL certificate. Not only does this protect your credit card information, but also your login information.
I can’t access my course.
After completing checkout, you will receive one of two emails:
A confirmation / receipt email
If you received this email, your purchase was successful. It’s possible you had a typo in your login information when signing up. You can [reset your password here].
A failed transaction email
A transaction can fail for a couple reasons, but nine times out of ten, your bank or credit card company was overly cautious and declined the purchase. In this case, you can either:
- Contact your bank to inquire about the reason for the decline. If everything is OK, try the purchase again.
- Re-try the purchase with a different card.
If you do not receive either email:
- You may have incorrectly entered your email address. Check your bank statement to see if the charge is present. If it is, please contact us so that we can correct your login information and get you access to your course.
- If you do not see a charge on your bank statement, it is likely that your internet browser “timed out” during the transaction. You can try the purchase again using a different internet browser (we recommend Chrome or Firefox), or contact us to confirm that your card wasn’t charged.
Is there a deadline to complete my course?
You will have access to your course for one (1) year from purchase date. It is your responsibility to complete your course and exam within that time frame. Per our refund policy, we cannot refund unused courses that have expired.
You will have access to your Completion Certificate for a minimum of four (4) years, which can be accessed any time by logging into your account.
Where should I look for employment in Florida?
Follow the link for an older (2014), but very detailed report on cosmetology job outlook in Florida.
I don’t see my question here.
Click here and send us a message. We’re happy to help!